Sunday, November 22, 2009

Uganda 11/22/2009

Wow! Where do we begin? Jesus is Amazing!

I am not a writer but I was asked to share a story with all our readers so here it goes. Yesterday, our first day here in Uganda, I asked one of our two bus drivers if he was a Christian. I had already asked the other the night before, he was a Christian, but the 2nd one, Adam, told me no I am a Muslim. I am not sure how many of you have ever had a chance to witness to a muslim but let me tell you they are very, very difficult to reach. But I began to talk with Adam about Christianity and Islam as we traveled.

I shared Jesus with him and how that the bible tells us in Acts 4:12 there is no other name by which one could be saved. I could see the conviction on face and in his eyes but he would not submit because of his mother who is also muslim. As I left him I shared with him how I was going to be praying for him and I encouarged him to attend our church services at Grace Fellowship the next day. I shared how that I would be praying that the Holy Spirit would speak to him again. Once meeting with the team I shared with them to be praying for Adam, which they all commited to do.

Sunday morning I woke up at 5:00 with Adam on my mind. I began to pray and God began to give me scriptures to write down for him to read. Once he got to the Motel I gave him the list and encouraged him to read them. I did not see him again till we got back to the hotel after a day in the field where we saw 14 people give their lives to the Lord. Praise the Lord!

When I saw him tonight, he had a bright, big smile on his face. His first words were thank you for the scriptures I read them and then he opened his Gideon bible, which he gotten somewhere, to the very last scripture I had written down Acts 16: 33-34. He had underlined the two verses. He said I am a Believer now. I began to question him on when he had accepted Jesus and had he told anyone. His answer, " no I have not told any one and I did this morning during the church service when the young man maybe younger than me was speaking at the church." That young man was Jerry Cotney. I am sharing this one story with you to let you know how prayer works and how Jesus works. He used everyone on our team to reach Adam. Some plant, some water, but Jesus gives the increase. With Adam we had 15 people saved today. All Praise goes to Jesus.
Keep praying for us.

Richie Farrow
High Pine Baptist Church, Roanoke

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are still praying for the ministry and thanking god for your safety too. Your group was on our prayer list today at church. we belong to Wise Chapel United Methodist Church in Trickum Valley near Heflin Al.be blessed, Delane McElroy

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone,
I hope all is well with each of you. Richie that was an awesome post with about the muslim bus driver. I want you all to tell Wilbur that Mrs Betty and Diane are good! Give Ashley a BIG HUG from Whitney and I. I cannot wait to hear about all of the people who gave thier hearts to the Lord. I have been sitting here looking at my photos taken from last years trip there and I am fervantly praying that God will use you all in a mighty way and keep you all in His Loveing Arms! keep us posted. In Christ! Rebecca Shelnutt