Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Great Day in the Pearl of Africa!

Hi all!

Today was our first ministry day here in Kampala, and it was great! The medical and optical teams had a busy day and helped so many at Grace Fellowship Church... I think I heard that the medical team saw 198 people! Wow! The people were truly a blessing. As someone who had never been outside of the US before this trip, I can honestly say it was an eye-opener. The need here is so great, but the children we saw on carnval team were SO happy! The simplest things thrilled them, and it just made me think about how spoiled most of us are (I know I am anyways!) Last, I'd just like to say that we have a wonderful team here. Everyone has such a good, loving attitude, and I am so thankful! All is well.. please continue to pray for our team and the people we come into contact with. Pray that God will use us however He sees fit and that we'll remain "flexible* and follow His leading. Thanks and Love to all!

Whitney Shelnutt

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Uganda Team! I am praying for you guys and hope that you have a wonderful week. I am sad we were both on the ground at the same time and didn't get to see each other.

Harold, don't give Dickson too hard of a time if he tries to go in your drugs...I think I was more lenient than I should have been, but I really loved working with him and Godfrey. Please tell them hello and let them know I am praying for them and miss them already. Enjoy the extra anti-malarials. Can't wait to talk to you when you get back. Thanks to you and Delores for all of the very sweet notes you left for us throughout our week in Sudan. We needed them! Wish I'd been that thoughtful...
Tommy and I are praying for all of you guys! Glory to God!

Love,
Rebecca Cummings

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that everyone arrived safely, watched the clock all day at work on Thursday. Also, happy to see that your first day of your mission was a success. I am somewhat envious that mom is having this wonderful opportunity and experience without me. I wish all of you best wishes, successful mission, and safe travels.
Lisa R Vanderbeck RN

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! We're praying you have a wonderful week ministering to the people of Uganda.

If Drs. Dickson and Godfrey are tired it is because they had to teach a short course in tropical medicine over the past week. Heard the last American doc was a little green in that area. They did an excellent job by the way.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. Please know that we will be praying for your health, strength, and discernment as you minister to those in need. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ who has blessed us with all heavenly blessings.

Dr. E

Rebecca Shelnutt said...

Love and Prayers are being lifted up for you all. Hello to my wonderful daughter, Whitney Shelnutt,I am proud of you and I Love You!

Rebecca Shelnutt said...

To Mr. Wilbur Steward, We want you to know what a wonderful example you set for all of us here back in the States. Mainly I am talking about your church family. Several gathered at my house today from our church at High Pine and we are all challlenged by what you said in a recent newsletter, 'Whats your excuse"? God can do whatever He wamts to do when we are willing vessel's! You are that example of being a Willing Vessel! Thank You and We Love You.