Monday, November 8, 2010

Headed to Atlanta - Sudan Here We Come!

So is this what being ready feels like?!

Honestly, I wasn't thinking so. But IT'S HERE!! And I know God is meeting our needs, just as he did for Paul:

"At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts [prayers, support, encouragement] you sent me...They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen." Philippians 4:18-20

If you receive updates from my friend Joy, you will notice some of the content below sounds strangely familiar. :) In her last update, she provided some great thoughts and information that I would like to pass along also.

1. In addition to Apryl's daily updates, we are hoping to have internet access to update the Four Corners blog. Updates can be found at http://4cornersministries.blogspot.com/.
2. If I have the opportunity to, I will post updates on Facebook!
3. A couple of prayer requests: We contacted the Gideon's about getting Bibles in the Moru language. God is so good because they told us that they had just shipped every Moru Bible they had to Lui, Sudan! That's where we are going!! Please pray that we are able to meet up with the right people to get the Bibles. How awesome would it be to give everyone we treat at the clinic the Word of God?! Another prayer request that Tripp mentioned is for the logistics of our travel in Sudan (where we will be when and how we'll get there).
4. We are loaded to the max...I have crammed more stuff into spaces it really doesn't fit over the past 24 hours than I ever have before! I am so thankful that we are able to take so much to help the people we will be visiting, but I am really nervous about it all getting through the check-in process. We have weighed and re-weighed...so please pray that those scales at the airport read no more than 50 pounds!!

Thank you many times over for being the hands and feet of Jesus. I love you all so much and can't wait to share how God glorifies Himself through this trip! Talk to you from Africa!!

Rebecca Cummings
Opelika, Alabama

1 comment:

harold said...

awaiting blog daily, all at Ava UMC praying with me for all of you. Remind Tripp of the surprises from us. Love to all, In the name of Jesus. Harold & Dee