Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lynch, Kentucky Mission Trip Day 3

Have you ever been blessed by God beyond your wildest dreams when you thought He was sending you to bless others? I have. My name is B.J. Hill and I am currently a sophomore at Troy University. This is the third mission trip that God has allowed me to partake in, and I am extremely grateful. I strongly feel God has called me to the mission field so I am very excited to see what He has in store for me in the future. This trip in particular has turned out to be a major blessing in many ways. The theme of our week was entitled "My Story" and I had the pleasure to hear one particular story full of faith and love for our one and only true God.

Drew Baldwin is a man who shared his own personal story with me as I got to work side by side with him during our trip here in Lynch, Ky. I had the privilege to work at The Stables at Creekside, which is a branch of Merinzo Ministries, where Drew is the director of the stables. I began working at the stables on Friday and I had no idea why God would choose to put me there where I had no idea what to do. It didn't take me long to absolutely realize that God places us where He knows we need to be; He truly works everything out for a reason to fulfill His purposes and bring glory to His name. God placed me in a circumstance where the true life story of a man full of faith was clearly revealed to me.

Drew was born in a small town in Tennessee where he grew up and later attended Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. Upon graduating from Union University, Drew decided that God wanted him to attend seminary in North Carolina. When he was praying and trying to figure out the plans that God had for him he was offered an opportunity to participate in Meridzo Ministries as the stable director. As with all good things that God presents to us there was a catch...some might call it "drop everything and follow me." Drew left everything to pursue what God had written in his life story long before Drew was even born. The most amazing part o fhis story that really blessed me in many ways is the fact that upon leaving everything to come to Lynch, Ky to work, he also came to work for nothing but the glory of God.

Drew lives on the estate that the ranch and soon to be youth camp are located. He doesn't have to pay for his home that was God-given, but he pays bills for utilities like every home owner does. He does this in a different way than most people do...because he has no salary Drew depends on faith that God will provide the money when they need it. As a testament, they have never had a bill unpaid or behind because our God is always on time and provides when we have faith that He will no matter the circumstances. Drew also gives free riding lessons to children in hopes that they will see God in one of His most beautiful creations. As I am sitting here writing this story Drew walks in out of no where and just adds to the blocks of faith that him and his wife have built their lives upon. Drew's wife Leah has been needing a new car to replace her 93' Jeep with a little over 300,000 miles on it but of course the expenses weren't there. After a while spent in prayer and the faith that God WILL provide, an old friend from years past made a "God-call" and told them she felt God wanted her to give them her 2000 Odyssey van.

After reading this I hope you can feel the power of faith sweep over you like I have. I have never had my life changed so much by another person's life story than the one told just above you. Faith is not something that we can create ourselves, but it is what we use to cling to by believing in our Lord Jesus Christ and the amazing things he has done and will do in our lives.

Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."

B.J Hill
Community LIFE Church

No comments: