Friday, September 25, 2009

Lynch, Ky Mission Trip Day 2 Part 2

I worked with the Sacks of Love today.When we were getting ready to go all I knew was that i would be putting food in back packs to send home with little children who would not have food for the weekend, little did I know that these children would touch my life in a way that no one else can.

As the day began we started off packing up back packs with food while we talked about how the ministry got started. Then the children began coming in and I shortly realized that food was not the only need these children had. From children asking for wipes to wash their faces with to wanting to know if we had a pair of socks they could have because they had been wearing there parents all week, or even needing a notebook so they could complete their school work, all the supplies were there and all the needs were fulfilled.

One thing that I believe touched my heart the most was this one little boy who came in all red faced and breathing hard. When we asked him why he had been running he said "I wanted to make sure I got some raisins in my back pack cause I sure do love those raisins!" When I got to thinking about how excited and grateful this little boy was over a box of raisins it made me realize how much I take for granite everyday.

I had always heard that God works in mysterious ways and sometimes wandered what his plan was for me in my life, but through one little boy and his love for raisins God taught me that i do have a place in this world and I realized that he not only bought me to Lynch,m Kentucky so that maybe I could touch lives but that he bought me here so that my life could be touched!

Grace Jackson
Rocky Creek

No comments: