Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trinity Baptist in Honduras


Well, the day started off worse than the other two days.
I won't mention what happened, just in case April and Nicole are reading this. I'm okay, walking & talking. Let me tell you about the person I have as an amazing brother in Christ. His name is Harold Heard. He went far and beyond as a roomate down here. Mrs. Jean Heard raised this man right. I will always have him and my family in my prayers.


Now, about today. We went door to door this morning at the church at the dump, handing out food bags, tracts, and bibles. We also led several to the Lord. Then we went back to the church. There, we had our lunch. It was a very good meal of rice, chicken, vegetables in corn tortillas, and I had a light Coke to drink. We as a team decided to give up what we didn't eat to the local families. If you could just see what some of our fellow men live in....most of the houses down here are dirt floors. Very few have concrete floors. Now we are going to the dump to feed the people there.



We don't go by ourselves to the dump. People from the church (La Cosecha de Jesus) go with us to hand it out. Life in the dump doesn't see the difference between kids and older kids. We fed kids and elderly people both. One kid came up to Vicky and myself pointing at the Bible I was holding, so I gave him one. We could see and smell that he was sniffing glue. We also saw a kid sniffing glue from a Coke bottle.

By the way, I didn't tell you it was raining. One of the people from the dump came to me and gave me and Vicky and umbrella. We were soaked by the time we got the umbrella, but we used it anyway.

As we were sitting and waiting for the food to arrive, a group of men came up to ask about the box on top of the van. It was our trash, but they climbed up and took it off the van's rack to get it. A picture of this doesn't do any good to look at. You need to be here first hand.

Tonight, we went to Pastor Tim's church. The service was awesome! Ms. Jenny led the music. Some older girls danced and praised to the Lord, and some smaller ones too. One of the smaller ones was Jenny's daughter. After the praise, we all got up to tell about our testimony. Teresa Farmer led it off, then Vicky, myself, and Harold. I read from 1 Timothy 1:9-10. Then Pastor Kevin's wife got up and asked Jerry to bless a young mother's baby. Everyone did a wonderful job. Then the church members put us in a circle and surrounded us with prayer. We said farewell after that.

I want to thank 4 Corners Ministries, Tripp, Gary, and Jerry for this opportunity to serve the people of Honduras. I also want to thank Trinity Baptist Church for allowing us to go. Also, thank you to Teresa, Jenna, Vicky, Harold, Sheila, Miguel, and Tito.

- Rickey Martini

No comments: