Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday, May 26
Yesterday was an amazing day. We spent all morning doing the Back Yard Bible Club with the children at Colonia Church. We had almost 100 children to attend. We started with recreation which included the Ball Toss and Egg Race. The children had a blast and we did too. Rickey, Harold and Jenna had the puppet show next and incorporated the music along with the Puppet Show. That worked out very well. All the children sang along with puppets. The Bible Story was next. We taught about Jesus and all the miracles he has and does preform. Many children prayed to receive Christ at the end of the Bible Story. We ended with crafts and snacks. We all felt as though we really bonded with the children. A lot of the church members joined in and helped to fill in the gap wherever we needed them. We all worked very well together as a team. The Children as well as Adults at Colonia stole my heart.
After lunch we spent several hours doing the door to door evangelism. We split up into 3 teams. We felt as if we planted many seeds and many prayed to received Christ. When going door to door I had such a burden in my heart because of witnessing the living conditions of these people. Each day is a struggle to survive for them just to get food! It breaks my heart. We take these things for ganite in the U.S. God forgive us!!! We are so spoiled. There were so many people that had never had anyone to share Christ with them and to tell them that they can receive forgiveness of all their sins. One lady did not even know what forgiveness meant nor did she know what a sin was. This really was a wake up call to me. I hope that it is to everyone reading this also. I felt very overwelmed inside at that very moment, realizing how many people are out there that don´t know unless we tell them. The time draweth near. Please God send forth more workers into the harvest field. The fields are so white unto harvest!!!!
Teresa Farmer

1 comment:

Brooke Farmer said...

This is my Mommy, Teresa Farmer, who wrote this blog. And I just want to say that I am so proud of her for doing the work of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I miss you so much, Mommy!!! Sounds like the Lord is using everyone. I am praying daily for you guys! Have faith in the Lord! Love y'all!